Monday, December 18, 2006

December.

Is it really December? I get rather confused when I see people swimming in the (non heated) pool and basking in the sun. Its put me in a rather non-Christmastime mood. And it seems like I've been spending more time with the 'currently listening to' section of this blog than with the food part. I'll try to catch up.

We've had some pretty lovely wines lately. A 2004 Avila Pinot Noir which was so crisp and clean on the tongue its hard to believe it a pinot. And a fine French red from Minervois 2002 -- Le Bois des Merveilles with as fine a finish as any.

Food? A little. It appears that none of my pictures have turned out. So I'll sit here and munch on Hanukkah cookies, wondering why my latke project was such a failure. I'm headed back to VA this week where I'll be baking cookies like mad and putting my two cents in on the family xmas dinner.

1 comment: