Thursday, November 30, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving

Well Thanksgiving is over and done with and yet I still have leftovers in my fridge. This entire week has been spent eating turkey potpies and big slices of pumpkin clove pound cake. I think I have finally made a dent in the leftovers. A lot of the rest will be thrown away as it has reached the 'way-too-long-in-the-fridge' phase plus I'm not a big leftover fan anyway. It was a good time cooking with my mom and spending an average of $360 on Black Friday shopping like everyone else did.

So I've lived in Florida nearly a year now and have been so disenchanted with the whole orange thing. Where are they? All the oranges I've seen come from California unless you go to an Indian River Fruit stand I suppose. This weekend however, I uncovered a wonderful new variety that I can probably now call my favorite. The scarlet navel (aka the red navel) is wonderfully sweet yet caustic on the lips. Inside the flesh is the color of a perfect ruby grapefruit. Its love, truly.



1 comment: