Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pre-Thanksgiving

So I'm done with the cranberry sauce and the pumpkin pound cake a la Warren Brown is in the oven right now smelling up the whole apartment with wonderful clove. Plus the turkey is thawing in a brine and everything else is ready to be assembled. I'm siked.

Last night I felt compelled to make a nice pre-thanksgiving dinner for P and I since it would be our last alone night for a few days. It was pretty thrown together but turned out quite nicely. I wrapped some chicken breasts with prosciutto and cooked them until tender. Then I found this amazing! orange cauliflower at the store that is my new favorite food of the week. I caramelized it with garlic and red pepper flake. A simply dressed watercress salad with sea salt, pepper, and olive oil finished it off.

Oh I also found some crazy cheeses. A fig, walnut, and golden raisin boursin (second favorite food of the week!), a sage dubliner, and a elderberry dubliner that had a chap-stick quality.

The cake is almost done.

2 comments:

  1. Cheese with raisins!? EWEWEW!


    Other stuff sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about the methods, but the pictures make me hungry Everything you post always looks so tasty. I know it was all very good when I visited earlier this year. So I guess I'm saying thanks for keeping me hungry -- and keep it up.

    ... and with that, I'm off to dinner!

    ReplyDelete