Friday, January 5, 2007

A pie?!

All week I've been cooking from my new cookbook which I have to say is quite an achievement for me. I normally just 'google' some random recipe, modify it with whatever I have lying around and see what comes out. This week I really stuck to the book. Its been pretty successful if I do say so myself.

First off there were fish and potato cakes sprinkled with lime and lemon zest, red chili, and mint throughout. Some sour cream was needed but I didn't have any around. Then I tried out my new fancy (fancy meaning enormous) roasting pan with a chicken rubbed with roasted garlic, lemon, thyme, and rosemary. This made for one of the best chickens I've tasted but the real highlight were the tasty potatoes that caught all those wonderful drippings. mmm.


Finally, the roasted chicken and sweet leek pie. Yes, a pie -- a massive one at that. Dare not call it a pot pie! This guy is stuffed with carrots, leeks, over 2 lbs of chicken and tiny little, crispy sausage ball surprises. I could probably do without the sausages but otherwise this was nice all wrapped up cozy in its puff pastry crust. The leeks are sweet indeed.

2 comments:

  1. WHY would you ruin something by putting sour cream on it?;) EEWEWEWEWEW, sour cream is SO nasty it makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about sour cream for your latkes?! oh you wouldn't make it as a jew...

    ReplyDelete