Monday, October 30, 2006

My cat is obsessed with cornish hens. Every time I cook one he's roaming and crying for a taste -- from the moment I cut the carcass in half to crisping in the oven then finally, to the table. Normally he never bothers much with our dinner, but when there are hens around he nearly jumps on the table to take a bite. Last night I was generous and gave him some to nibble on. I will surely regret this later.

So another cornish hen. Ah, regul
ar chicken is so boring. This one I lightly seasoned with salt, pepper, and Herbes de Provence. I then roasted each half until the skin crisped up and it was still juicy and served it atop some wonderful Swiss chard wilted with garlic and walnuts. Baby English potatoes roasted with chives and lots of salt served as a side.







This is him with a full stomach.





No comments:

Post a Comment