Saturday, March 17, 2007

A Plate Full of Worms

Instead of having green food for St. Patrick's Day today, we went for some black squid ink spaghetti. How gross does a plate of this look? I was reminded of the scene from Lost Boys where their Chinese takeout turns into worms and maggots. I had to let that thought escape my mind when I took a bite of this stuff. It was delicious!


I contemplated a sauce for this for quite awhile and wanted to just dress it simply so I could get a good taste of the ink itself. The pasta cooked just as long as regular spaghetti and then I tossed it with some lightly sauteed garlic, shallots, red pepper flake and roasted tomatoes all in olive oil. If I had some white wine I would've added it to make it even better. A nice big handful of chopped parsley right before serving completed it. Not bad at all and it took less than 10 minutes. I will definitely buy this worm-y looking pasta again.

No comments:

Post a Comment